LDS View is a custom version of WordCruncher for studying the scriptures of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in 30+ languages. It is a free eBook reader with study tools to help students and scholars study the scriptures. LDS View menus and helps are available in English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, and Spanish. Earlier versions of LDS View were sold in LDS Distribution Centers under the title of The Scriptures: CD-ROM Edition.
- You can look for specific references, search for words or phrases, enlarge images, follow cross-reference hyperlinks.
- You can copy and paste text, highlight text, add bookmarks, and make searchable notes.
Note: LDS View can not read or update notes you make with the LDS Gospel Library (internet or app).
- English Parallel Bibles help you look up English words and see the original Hebrew or Greek word with a brief definition.
- Additional study aids include complex searches, word frequencies, word frequency distributions, synchronized windows to compare translations, word tags, and various text analysis reports (e.g., collocation, vocabulary dispersion, vocabulary usage).
- Search the Scriptures is a PDF file that illustrates many scripture study aids available in LDS View and WordCruncher.
LDS View comes with a Getting Started Tutorial, the Scriptures in one language, and help files. LDS View enables you to download the scriptures in other languages. The Getting Started Tutorial is available on the Help menu, and also as PDF files for the Resource and Standard edition.
LDS View for desktop or laptop includes two different editions: the Resource Edition and Standard Edition. Both editions use the same library, but the Standard Edition uses a simplified user interface. The Resource Edition uses multiple windows, menus, and dialogs, and has more study and analysis tools. When you install LDS View for desktop or laptop computers, an icon for each edition will appear on your desktop.
You can download LDS View for desktop or laptop by clicking on this link. When you select "Check for Updates..." from the LDS View Help menu, you can download other languages.
|Operating System||Windows XP or later (recommended)|
|Processor||Pentium 4 or better|
|RAM||1 GB or better|
|Free disk space||100 MB (min) + more as needed for eBooks|
|Screen size||1024 x 768 or better|
|Internet||Yes (for updates and downloading eBooks)|