Frequently Asked Questions
- Will LDS View work on Windows 8 computers?
Yes, unless it has an ARM processor like the Surface RT tablet. However, it only supports those touch actions or gestures that work with a mouse (e.g., click, drag) and have tablet equivalents that are built into the Windows 8 operating system. There is no support for gestures (e.g., swipes to scroll or change windows).
- Does LDS View work on MACs, iPads, or iPhones?
It works on MACs only if you are running a PC Emulator or BootCamp. A WordCruncher app for iPad/iPhone will be available later this year. This app will let you study the scriptures or other LDS Gospel Library materials.
- Will LDS View work on other devices?
LDS View will not work on eReaders (e.g., Kindle, Nook). It will not work on Android, BlackBerry, webOS, or Windows Phone devices. The LDS Gospel Library is available for many of these devices at mobile.lds.org or at lds.org/media-library/ebooks.
- How do I get conference talks and other LDS Gospel Library material?
With WordCruncher you will be able to download other LDS Gospel Library material as well as the scriptures. We are preparing WordCruncher versions of much of this material as our resources permit. The WordCruncher library includes other eBooks published by BYU departments (e.g., Maxwell Institute, FARMS, Religious Studies Center), and other publishers.
- How will I know if updates are available?
About every two weeks, LDS View will notify you if any software and Scripture updates are available. You can also select "Check for Updates..." from the Help menu.
- Is LDS View available in non-English languages?
LDS View menus, windows, and helps are available in English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, and Spanish. The LDS scriptures are available in 30+ languages.
- Can I see my notes that I made using the internet LDS Gospel Library on LDS.org?
LDS View does not have access to notes made on LDS.org.
- How do I back up notes and highlighting?
On the Help menu, select Contents -> Tutorials -> Notes. (See an example pdf.)
- How do I share notes and highlighting with other computers?
On the Help menu, select Contents -> Tutorials -> Notes.
- What is the LDS View license agreement?
During the installation you will see the license agreement and be asked to agree to its terms before proceeding.
- How do I know what changes have been made in
Click on Build History to see a list of all changes. (Note: To find the build number of your software, select About from the Help menu.)