LDS View for Mobile Devices
- Apple iPhone/iPad: LDS View will not work, but WordCruncher does work. (LDS View is a version of WordCruncher.) Search for WordCruncher in the App store. After installing WordCruncher, you will be able to download the scriptures and other LDS Gospel Library materials. The complete LDS Gospel Library is available at http://mobile.lds.org.
- Windows Mobile (5.x, 6.x): LDS View can be installed (see below). However, since Microsoft no longer supports Windows Mobile, LDS View for Windows Mobile is no longer supported or updated. You may install and use it as is.
- EPUB readers (e.g., Nook, Sony Reader, iPad): LDS View will not work. EPUB files (http://lds.org/manual/epub) will work on these devices and on computers with an EPUB reader app or program.
- Windows Phone, Blackberry, and other devices: LDS View will not work. Go to http://mobile.lds.org to see and download available LDS Gospel Library apps.
LDS View for Windows Mobile
To install LDS View Windows Mobile edition, use a Windows desktop or laptop to download the LDS View Windows Mobile Downloader program. This program will display the different software and data modules available for LDS View Windows Mobile edition. Use this program to download the software or data modules to your desktop/laptop computer and then transfer them to your Windows Mobile device using ActiveSync, Windows Mobile Device Center, or a data card. You can then execute the setup programs on your handheld device. For a detailed example showing how to do this, click on show me how to do this.
- Click HERE to begin downloading the LDS View Windows Mobile downloader program - 5.47 MB (18 Apr 2014).
- Select "Run" or "Save" when prompted. If you select "Save" you will need to locate and execute the LDS View Downloader program (ceSetup.exe) on your desktop/laptop when the download is complete.
- Using the LDS View Downloader program, download the appropriate software install program for your Windows Mobile device (either Windows Mobile 5.x, or Windows Mobile 6.x). This will copy a file with a name like ceLDSView.7.1.xx.WMx.CAB to your desktop/laptop.
- Download the Scripture Library Data Modules you would like to use. This will copy files ending with ELIM to your desktop/laptop.
- Transfer or copy the downloaded ceLDSView.7.1.xx.WMx.CAB file and ELIM files to your Windows Mobile device using ActiveSync, Windows Mobile Device Center, or a data card.
- Use File Explorer on your mobile device to find the files you just transfered or copied from a desktop or laptop.
- On your mobile device, execute (double tap in File Explorer) the software install program (ceLDSView.7.1.xx.WMx.CAB) to install LDS View.
- On your mobile device, execute (double tap in File Explorer) the Scripture Library Data Modules (ELIM files) to install the Scripture Library.
- LDS View is now ready to run and is available under the Start Menu Programs.
- Select the File menu at the bottom of the screen to Open... other books.
- Select the File menu and then Options to Open the Help Book. You can also open a PDF of the Help Book here.
- If you have any installation problems or comments, go to LDS View Support.